Highlighting "text under image"

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I have a web site containing searchable PDF images of old books. OCR has been used to create searchable text from the page images, and the pages selected by each search are presented to the user as page images in "text under image" format. (These are not multi-page PDF's, but a separate PDF has been created for each page). Using Adobe Reader, with its browser plug-in, PDF images can be presented with the search words highlighted on the image.

However, the plug-in does not seem to be very reliable (i.e. users often don't seem to have it correctly installed), so it would be better to have a PDF viewer integrated into the web site.

Can this be done with PDFLib, and if so how? I'm using .NET 4.5 (is this OK for PDFLib?) and VB.NET.
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2014 at 10:48 PM
This library does not contain a viewer, but you could use it to extract the image from your PDF and show the image to the user along with the text using the built in image viewer from Windows.

You can recompile the library to run under .NET 4.5, it will work just fine with no modification.

Good luck!
Mar 2, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Many thanks.